Simple Cranberry Sauce

, by Unknown


A Simple, Minimalistic Cranberry Sauce Recipe - Ready in 20 Minutes




"It has been an unchallengable American doctrine that cranberry sauce, a pink goo with overtones of sugared tomatoes, is a delectable necessity of the Thanksgiving board and that turkey is uneatable without it."
Alistair Cooke


This recipe was invented on the fly, when I realized that the store across the street doesn't sell cranberry sauce, and at the time I was still not medically cleared to drive. I had an orange on hand, hence the inclusion of juice and zest in the recipe, but it would be perfectly acceptable to omit it if desired. 


You will need...

2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp fresh orange juice
A pinch of fresh orange zest

In a small sauce pan, bring the water and cranberries to a boil.

Once boiling, add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. 

Dial the heat down to low and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Remove orange zest, if desired. Allow to cool, and serve. 


0 comments:

Share This