The Raspberry Mojito

, by Unknown


A Drink of B's Creation - A Refreshing Blend of White Rum, Raspberries, Mint, & Lime




"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water."
W.C. Fields


A few weeks ago B, the family, and I went down to Orlando, Florida to get some sun and see Harry Potter World at Universal Studios. We saw Harry Potter World - and it was fantastic - but unfortunately the sun was somewhat limited. The weather was, in fact, so bad at one point that there was a tornado warning north of our resort! Luckily, it stayed north of us and our vacation proved to be both enjoyable and relaxing. It did, however, served to mark as the official beginning of summer in our household. 

Upon our return I planned a small get together to celebrate the birthday of my best friend, and as a thank you for her watching our beloved canine, Bella, while we were abroad. B was elected bartender for the night, and it was a night to remember. I am still getting requests for the recipe he used to make my personal favourite, the raspberry mojito. I've asked him to oblige his admirers by documenting how he mixed the delicious concoction, and he has gracefully agreed to divulge his secrets. Hopefully I can coax a few more out of him later, including the incredible strawberry mint beverage he threw together for me that very same night. Both will leave you without a doubt that summer has finally arrived. 


You will need....

Fresh mint leaves
Fresh, whole raspberries
Fresh limes, cut into wedges
2 oz White Rum (such as Bacardi)
7-Up or similar
Ice

In a large cup, muddle five mint leaves and five raspberries in two ounces of white rum. Squeeze in the juice from two lime wedges and drop the wedges in. 

Pour the concoction into a chilled glass filled with ice. 

Fill the remainder of the glass with cold 7-Up and garnish with one lime wedge, raspberry, and mint leaf on a wooden skewer. 

Drink and repeat. 



0 comments:

Share This