Banana Quinoa Pancakes
Gluten, Dairy, & Grain-Free with no Added Sugar
"My wife and I tried two or three times in the last 40 years to have breakfast together, but it was so disagreeable we had to stop."
Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill
I mentioned in an earlier post how I am not a fan of cake. Usually, that goes for the breakfast variety pancake as well. I have to say though, as soon as B and I decided we were no longer going to partake in the gluey goodness that is gluten (and grain) I started craving it day and night. I don't remember the last time I craved a pancake in the morning, but lo and behold - just a few weeks into the diet, it struck. In an attempt to quench my flour lust, I came up with this concoction. It's a little bit different, but if you give it a chance you might find it even better than the original. Give it a go and find out.
You will need...
2 large, ripe bananas
1/2 cup almond butter
2 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
1 cup cooked quinoa
Combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended. Fry on a non-stick skillet for about two minutes per side. Serve hot with maple syrup, berry compote, honey, or coconut milk. Keeps well in ziploc bags in the fridge for up to three days (or if you're B - five).


1 comments:
I wonder how these would taste as pumpkin pie quinoa pancakes? I'm tempted to try them with some pie filling...
Post a Comment