Swiss Chocolate Brownie
A Super Simple, Dense, Chewy & Versatile Brownie for Any Occasion
"Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate."
Larry David
That sounds about right, Larry David. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but this recipe was created on a whim to accommodate a late afternoon craving for something chocolatey. B and I picked at it on and off all night, and I haven't made them since because my jeans are tight enough as it is. I don't know what it is with me and sweets lately - it must be all this free time I have. When I'm working Mon-Fri I really don't have the energy or the time to crave sugar - Normally I'd take a plate of fries or a wedge of brie over dessert any day. I guess it is one of the drawbacks of hanging around at home by myself. Hopefully when I'm back to work the cravings will dissipate. Hopefully.
PS. I almost forgot I added Reese's Pieces to this recipe. As if I wasn't gross enough already.
You'll need....
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup your choice chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds, or - as shown in the photo - Reese's Pieces
pinch of sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs.
In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and combine. Add to wet mixture and fold in gently.
Grease a non-stick baking pan with oil or butter and dust lightly with cocoa powder. Pour mixture in and allow to settle. Sprinkle desired toppings over the batter (they will sink as the mixture cooks).
Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool and slice - serve hot or cold.


0 comments:
Post a Comment